6 Skin on Chicken Thighs
1 Onion – diced
3 Garlic Cloves – minced
200ML White Wine
500ML Chicken Stock
150ML Double Cream
100g Comte Cheese – diced
1/2 Parsley – chopped
1TBSP Chives – chopped
1. Season the thighs with salt and place over direct heat to brown the skin.
2. Move the thighs to an indirect position and smoke for 15mins whilst a cast iron skillet is heating up over direct heat.
3. Add pancetta to the skillet and brown, then add the onions and garlic.
4. When the onions are soft, add the white wine and reduce by 2/3.
5. Add the thighs to the skillet with the chicken stock and reduce again by 2/3.
6. Add the double cream and reduce till the sauce has a thick consistency.
7. Remove the chicken thighs and add the cheese to the sauce until it melts.
8. Stir through the parsley and replace the thighs.
9. Garnish with the chives.
My Opinion on the Cook
Very easy and quick to cook but a lovely tasting dish. I have used a combination of direct and indirect on this cook as I wanted a taste of smoke to the richness but can be all done direct.