The Ultimate Breakfast Muffin? Double Sausage patties topped with cheese, Streaky Bacon, a Potato Rosti and Egg in toasted Muffins… we think so!
Serves: 2 People
Allergens: WHEAT, MILK
Time: 20 Minutes
BBQ Used: Monolith ICON with Fire Plate
3 Medium sized Maris Piper Potatoes – grated
500g Sausages – remove from skins
4 Slices of Steaky Bacon
2 Toasting Muffins
4 Slices of Processed Cheese
1. Divide the Sausage meat in 4 balls and place on a tray in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
2. Grate the Potatoes into a bowl,
3. Place grated Potato in a tea towel and squeeze the excess water out and put the Potato back in a clean bowl.
4. Season the Potato with 1/2 TSP of Salt and mix well.
5. Get plancha plate up to 250C when reading the metal surface via an infra-red thermometer.
Note: if you haven’t got an infra-red thermometer, sprinkle some water and it should immediately dance across the surface as it evaporates.
6. Using 2 rings on the Plancha, first oil the inside and divide the grated Potato between the 2 pressing it down as you put it in.
7. Flip the Potato Rostis after 2 minutes and place under a Cloche.
Note: a metal bowl works just as well but be careful if it hasn’t got a handle.
8. Place the Streaky Bacon on the plancha and flip after a couple of minutes.
Remember to check on the Rosti as you cook, flipping them over occasionally.
9. Move the Bacon to the side and drop the Sausage balls on to the plancha. Press the balls down flat with a burger press or a strong spatula. Turn the patties over after 5 minutes.
10. Put egg rings on the plancha and squeeze some oil into the them. Add an egg to each ring and cover with a Cloche.
11. Brush the cut muffin with melted butter and place on the Plancha to toast.
12. Move the eggs to on top of a Rosti and re-cover.
13. Add a cheese slice to each patty.
14. Stack 2 Sausage patties on top of each other and add a Rosti and egg. Continue to cook until egg is done to your liking.
15. Then stack on a toasted muffin and add your favourite condiment.
My Opinion on the Cook
Am rather partial to a McDonald’s Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin, I am not going to lie. My version is a bit more pimped up with the extra Streaky Bacon and Potato Rosti. I have to say it’s definitely better tasting but probably not very healthy which is why I keep it for the occasional treat.